photo shop_zps4e91b29b.jpg  photo about_zpsab9889c9.jpg  photo contact_zpsf03ef059.jpg  photo Untitled-2_zps43e03738.jpg

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Remake & Remodel - Bacteria Pattern

Leading on from my post a few days ago, after a couple of days catching up on crazy dog and fat cat cuddles, I'm feeling up to going into more detail on my current project!

This project is called Remake & Remodel. Our brief is to be inspired by a shoe we were given to deconstruct (pictures of this to come!). Deconstructing my shoe got me thinking about what goes into a shoe and what isn't shown. So, inspired by designers that use functioning parts as design features, I started thinking about what is inside us that dosn't show. I ended up looking into DNA, viruses and bacteria, all of which have some fabulous visuals to inspire a project.

Pattern has been a large part of the shoe designs I've been working on for this project, I wanted to add some fun and bright PonyChops style to these shoes. Here's a pattern I've designed and decided on to be in my final shoe design. I'm really pleased with how it's turned out, and think it works well with the style of shoe I've picked.




8 comments:

  1. Such a cool pattern! I love the look of this! Best of luck with your new project. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. this pattern is so nice <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, I love bacteria and single-celled organism stuff! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    Elyse @ Cuddly as a Cactus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew bacteria could be so pretty. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! And i love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is great can't wait to see what it looks like on the shoe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is pretty adorable!! :3

    ReplyDelete