photo shop_zps4e91b29b.jpg  photo about_zpsab9889c9.jpg  photo contact_zpsf03ef059.jpg  photo Untitled-2_zps43e03738.jpg

Sunday 9 December 2012

Blueberry Curd (Vegan Recipe)


Remember my Lemon Curd recipe last week? Well, I had some left over blueberries so I thought I'd do a bit of a curd experiment. I love how this turned out, it's sweet, tangy and rich. It's glorious, deep red colour puts me in the mood for Christmas. I made some beautiful blueberry tarts using it during the week too. I just need to perfect my pastry and I'll share my tart recipe with you guys too!

Ingredients:

2 cups blueberries
1 & 1/2 cup lemon juice
The zest of 2 lemons
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp Cornflour
2 tbsp Coconut cream
2 tbsp dairy free butter/margarine
1/4 tsp salt



Method:
  1. In a saucepan, heat the lemon juice, sugar, zest, salt and blueberries.
  2. Gradually sift in the cornflour while constantly stirring.
  3. When the blueberries turn to mush and the mixture is thickened and bubbling, add the coconut cream and butter/margarine. Turn down the heat to a simmer.
  4. Continue to heat until the mixture coats the back of the spoon. Turn off the heat
  5. Pour part of the mixture into a fine metal sieve and press through into a heat proof bowl. Continue to do with with the whole mixture.
  6. Add the sieved mixture to a heat proof container to cool. Refrigerate once cooled.




9 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! I've never tried lemon blueberry curd, but I absolutely love lemon curd! I'll have to try this.

    -Sabrina
    thelittleowlshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love lemon curd you'll love it! It's still lovely and tangy like lemon curd :)

      Delete
  2. mmmmmm it looks so delicious <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg this sounds SO delicious!!! Like, completely yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmh! These look delish. I will have to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really good! Your heart backdrop is ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMMMMMMMMM OH my gosh yum I want it now seriously....I'm really hungry and this sounds amazing

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete