photo shop_zps4e91b29b.jpg  photo about_zpsab9889c9.jpg  photo contact_zpsf03ef059.jpg  photo Untitled-2_zps43e03738.jpg

Friday 14 September 2012

Making Strawberry Bubble Tea

I had my first taste of bubble tea in New York, and now I'm completely hooked. Unfortunately the nearest bubble tea place here is in Manchester, so I've resorted to making my own.



I invested in some quick cook tapioca pearls from ebay. I've heard these kind don't stay jellified as long after preparing as the normal tapioca pearls, but lets be honest, in my house they will probably be hoovered up within 2 hours of preparing!



What you will need (to serve 2 people):

Frozen strawberries and blueberries
1/2 cup Quick cook Tapioca Pearls
Agave nectar or honey
2 Green Tea bags
Ice
2 Fresh strawberries to decorate (optional).

Method:


1. Boil around 500ml (just over 2 cups) water. Pour water into a bowl with 2 green tea bags and 2/3 cup frozen fruit. Remove the tea bags when the liquid is the strength you want. Leave the liquid and frozen berries until room temperature.

2. Boil 5 cups of water in a saucepan. Once boiled add the tapioca pearls & stir gently. When the tapioca pearls fatten up cover the saucepan and leave to simmer for 5 mins. For none quick cook tapioca pearls follow instructions on packet. Once the tapioca pearls are cooked, drain them & mix with 2 tablespoons agave and 2 tablespoons hot water. Leave to cool

3. Once the tapioca is room temperature, spoon into two glasses. Drain the tea mixture between the two glasses. Add ice and a frozen strawberry to each and sweeten to taste. Serve and enjoy :)

Just a quick note, I forgot to get the big bubble tea straws so we had to eat the tapioca pearls with a spoon instead! I highly recommend you get some big straws so you can drink it properly.



8 comments:

  1. Ooh I love bubble tea! I'm addicted too but luckily or unfortunately we have an awesome local chain of bubble tea shops so I get there about 4 times a week ^_^ I will be posting a recipe too for matcha bubble tea.

    Must try yours, and I can't forget the straws. :) I will probably swipe extras from the bubble tea shop. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I'd love to see your recipe! I kind of just made this up as I was craving bubble tea so badd!xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you for posting this! I love love love bubble tea & can't find it since I've moved without going into downtown DC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to make! I'm going to be making it on an almost weekly basis from now on!

      Delete
  3. so tasty looking! i havent even thought that i could make it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg looks amazing! i'll try and make that! xx

    coffeebooksandcitylights.blogspot.com/
    facebook.com/rocknrolllies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone....

    We sell quality bubble drink powder if you need it.

    Thanks - Powder Bubble Drink

    ReplyDelete